The Sky Is Not Falling

Thursday, October 26, 2006

To My Children and Grandchildren

In a few days I will be leaving on a "much needed" respite from the daily duties of my world . . .
To escape to the freedom to be able to just relax. It seems my cruises have given me that ability to "just get away and reflect" and to rebuild my body and mind . . . .

To those that I love with all my soul, I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! As a mother, grandmother, friend, partner, my life has been overwhelmingly fruitful . . Reflecting back I could never have believed that I could have accomplished so much, loved so much, lived so much . . .

All of my desires have been fulfilled . . . I have been a reasonably good mother, have loved a good man, have shared my faith with many others, have left a legacy of love for those who follow me. Should I be chosen to continue this life in a better place, I will have accomplished the goal that was set out for me. In spite of the pitfalls and mistakes. I am who I am not in spite of the bumps and valleys, but because of them. And I like who I am and where I am . . . . . . . . . . . .
In sharing with friends where I have come from it only makes me realize that the Lord has had a huge place in my life . . . Many times I could have chosen a road that would have taken my life down to destruction but I have been blessed with making right choices and even when I made the wrong choices the Lord has not allowed me to get too far afield, healed the scars and set me back on the right path . . . . .

My prayer is for all that I love to reach this place in their lives. I will continue to grow and flourish as long as the Lord sees fit to keep me here . . .

Live long . . . Love completely . . . Forgive as needed . . . Strive to be where the Lord wants you to be and about the business that He has chosed for you . . . . Remember, there are those in this world who the only glimpse of Jesus they ever see is you and your life before them . . . Make Him proud !!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Crazy about Corvettes said…

    And to you mom. Thank you for all the help and guidance you have given to me and my family. Have a great trip!
    Love, Debbie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home